Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in Parameter Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

zephaerie

Technical User
Feb 10, 2004
US
Here's the deal. I'm working with a rather simplified SQL Query, which queries three fields, one for a name, one for dates, and one for status of a project database. I've checked the syntax of my parameters for the query for engineer, which is simply "[Enter the last name of the engineer:]" in the Query Design field. I took the query and made a report out of it, and the entire database is accessible to my team through a switchboard. When the secretary, who the database was designed for, tries to open the report, the syntax is incorrect, appearing in the Enter Parameter Value window as "Enter the last name of the engineer:], 1" and then again, only with "engineer:], 5" and then an error message that states the command could not be executed. This does not happen when I open the report on my computer. Any ideas?

Could be that a DLL is missing on the secretary's PC. Open the database there, open a module, and check the references from the Tools menu. There may be a missing DLL that you can replace.

I think the problem is that she has MS Access 2000, and I have XP, which I didn't figure out until after I had posted here.

Did anyone find an answer to this? I am having a similar problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back