Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in onLoad object

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDGarcia

Programmer
Oct 7, 2004
PR
Good day everyone.

Recently a .nsf file was updated. This file is used to load values for a form. The drop-down field doesn’t show the updated version of the values. The onLoad object shows the following:

if (valueElement("DirName")!="—Please Select--"){
getElement("DirCode").value = valueElement("DirName").substring(0,2);
ajax_getFrmElement(valueElement("DBName"),"MgrAdmin", valueElement("DirCode"),"MgrAdminId");
ajax_getFrmElement(valueElement("DBName"),"AssignedDirName", valueElement("DirCode"),"Director");
ajax_getFrmElement(valueElement("DBName"),"AssignedDirId", valueElement("DirCode"),"DirectorId");
}

When loaded, the form sends the message “Could not find a field with 'Id' or 'Name' DirectorId“

The application has not been modified in a while and the change in the .nsf file was expected to be transparent to it.

My knowledge of java and Lotus Notes is limited.

I appreciate your recommendations.

Stay safe.

Hi there,

Always difficult to do remote debugging without the entire code base, but it looks to me as if the code is trying to get elements from a parameter document, and something doesn't click any more.
I'm more of a LotusScript guy, but I'm willing to try and help you. However, your snippet is not enough for me to check on what's going on. Would it be possible for you to paste the entire OnLoad code so I can review what is actually happening ?

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back