Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in MetaData Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

dean12

MIS
Oct 23, 2001
US
So I have this dimension in my cube that is a date type dimension. Its hierarchy is:

Year
Quarter
Month
Date

I had Year as the key column for the Year level and Quarter as the key column for the Quarter level. Problem was that when looking at things at the quarter level, quarters for different years were mixed together.

So I used the SQL 2005 BI tool and edited the key columns on the quarter level to be Year & Quarter. I did the same thing for the month level: Year & Month.

Now I get the following error when I try to save my changes:

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio
------------------------------

Dimension 'Chg Close Date' cannot be saved because of the following errors:
Errors in the metadata manager. The key columns of the Month attribute 6 measure group attribute do not match in either number or data types to the key columns of the source attribute.
Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when loading the TransactionsNonDC measure group, from the file, '\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\PulseIQ2005.0.db\Transactions.0.cub\TransactionsNonDC.9.det.xml'.

Any ideas?

Are you doing this in a connection direct to a cube or is this in a BIDS project? It sounds as if this is a connection direct to a cube and these types of changes in that enviroment are unwise.

But this should get you past the error. Remember if this is a direct connection to a cube then as soon as you make a change to the cube it will become unavailable.

Remove the dimension from any cubes, and save the cubes, then make the changes. It appears that your measure groups that have a relationship that will be affected. Are you doing this in a connection direct to a cube or is this in a BIDS project?

Paul
---------------------------------------
Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back