Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in date when messages are sent (Notes v. 5.02c).

Status
Not open for further replies.

edjr

MIS
Mar 6, 2002
US
New documents are dated in the future, when they are created and sent to another user, but Domino Server (NT 4.0) and Workstation (windows 95) date and time are correct. The user´s database have aprox. 1GB and was created in Notes 4.6, and converted to v.5.02c.
For example, the user sent an e-mail to another person, in Jan/05/2001, and in the sent mails view, the same message was dated in DEC/05/2001!!!! The problem occurs just in a few moments, then suddenly stops. I tried to make a database copy and i changed the HW and SW of the workstation, but the problem still occurs.

Please, help me!!

Thank´s!!!!

Edson (Brazil)

Hi There,
I've been working with Lotus Notes for the past 8 months. Lotus Notes Client is very sceptical about time. There is two way you can put the time stamp on your mail. In the client connection document (right hand lower corner you see office/lan/internet/island) if you edit the connection document, you'll see a TAB called 'Advanced'. In that you'll have an option to you the operating system's time/worldwide timezone for the Notes Mail client time-stamp. Using the worlwide timezone time-stamp, you can definitely change the client time stamp for sure. Even with the other option you can get things done, but one factor you have to take care of, YOU MUST NOT Change THE SYSTEM TIME, BACK AND FORTH with The Lotus Notes Client Open. That messes up with the Time Settings of the Notes Client.

Thanks,
Prayag

Meet Me At:

I would like to ask prayagpal: We have a few clients here that have US dates, rather than UK (as required), and most clients have the correct settings. We have played with these 'wrong' clients to make the date correct, but to no avail. Even changing things in the connection docs advanced settings.
I cannot say for sure that we haven't changed system time without closing Notes, or vice versa... so I was wondering on your comment in upper case above, whether we have done some 'damage' to the client that cannot be reversed.
If not, could you suggest how we could change the US format to UK (day/month/year, rather than month/day/year)?
Our resident DOmino Administrator (my boss) says the problem is in the mail database, and on the server, so we would have to rebuild the Domino server to change this... I am not convinced.

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back