Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in DAO when using a function

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC002

Programmer
Apr 26, 2002
DE
1. Why do I get an error using VB6 and DAO when including the ROUND function in a select statement one one computer and not the other - 3085?

2. How to correct?

On Developer PC:
VB6 IDE, NT, MDAC_Typ 2.5, Jet3.5 SP3, DAO 3.51
Database is an MDB '97 (Tables only) - no MS Access application

On PC #2
Win 98, the VB application created with the first PC and installed using P&D, The same MDB ('97 format), MDAC_Typ 2.5, Jet3.5 SP3, DAO 3.51, NO no MS Access

Note: I need and answer that will work for the above set-up only!

I appreciate any help that I could get. I read 2 Kb articles concerning this but the first applied to MS Access 2000, and the second applied to MS Access '97 - but to the application - I wasn't able to figure out how to apply it in my case to my VB program using just an 97 MDB.

Check the versions of DAO350.dll on the machines--you'll probably find two different versions.

The later versions of this file have a problem with functions in queries. The older versions that shipped with Access get "updated" with newer versions when some applications are installed. This happens a lot when development machines get loaded with programs like Microsoft Interdev, and user of these machines maintain older code with references to the DAO350.dll.

Mark

Thanks for responding -
First of all, as I stated, I do not have ACCESS.
Second, you say that later versions have a problem with this - BOTH machines have the latest versions of DAO350.dll! So I do not understand what went wrong.

Please help further....

Wasn't the Round Function new to Access 2000? Maybe you are referencing DAO 3.6 Object Libray instead of 3.51 in your VB6 app?

Mark

Thank you for responding

Ok. Once again. I am not using MS ACCESS. I am Using a microsoft database (mdb) and accessing it through DAO/Jet.

No, the round function doesn't have anything to do with Access 97 or 2000 but is used/interpeted by the DAO/Jet type libraries.

I am not using DAO 3.6 here. I am using DAO 3.51 and Jet 3.

PLEASE, someone help me further....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back