Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error in Creating bookmark from group tree while exporting the report

Status
Not open for further replies.

sds786

Programmer
Aug 15, 2007
US
Hi,
I have been asked to modify a pre developed report, as the original developer is not around right now and I am looking help from you guys.
The reports created on SQL query and three groups have been generated there, currently these groups are not showing in report’s navigation bar (as drill down), and when I try to export this report in PDF/xls with option ‘Create bookmarks from group tree’ then got error message ‘Failed to export the report’ , but I can export successfully without setting the option ‘bookmark’.
Would you please help me to get my group tree back in the report, and any other way to get bookmark in PDF file.

Thanks

If you go into report->group expert, do you see the groups listed there?

-LB

Yes, I can see three group listed there, but don't know who to see them in navigation bar.

Thanks for your response.

Would you please tell me how can I see those hidden groups in my report navigation panel (drill down in the report)which I can see in report->group expert?

Thanks

If you are using CR 2008, then there should be an option at the bottom of the panel on the left to show the group structure. Even if you have suppressed or hidden the groups, they should show up in the left hand panel, with groups nested within higher order groups.

-LB

Thank very much, that helped. Yes I am using CR 2008. Actually, in Section Expert the option was setup 'Read-only', I can see those group in structure now, but still when I tried to export that file to PDF/xls with 'Create bookmarks from group tree' the error comes 'Failed to export the report', I can only export without enabling Bookmark option. Any idea to resolve this issue much appreciated.

I've never used that option, so don't have an answer at this time. Maybe someone else has.

-LB

Thanks LB for your time, as you are always very helpful. I will check if I get any other response/thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back