Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

#Error in a field that then becomes inaccessible

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenfibres

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2006
GB
Hi everyone
I am using an Access97 database.
Somehow a memo field has the text "#Error" within it and is not editable - it always gives the message:

The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time

The only way I seem to be able to move on is to delete the whole record. This is not a preference as there is valuable data associated with this record.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

I would first open exclusively and try again just to make sure. Can you post back?

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

I have tried exclusively and it makes no difference....

I hope you have another solution!!

Thanks
Jim

I don't know anything about this message you're getting, but have you tried copying the record, deleting it, then inserting again in the same spot? Just a spitball idea =)

-J

I can't copy or do anything (other than delete the whole record)
The record has a number of cascading relationships, so deleting is not the preferred option...... but one that looks increasingly like the most likely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back