Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Handling logic from Call to Oracle Procedure needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtechy

Programmer
Sep 23, 2002
US
I have created a DTS package that retrieves data from a SqlServer Table and inserts the data into an Oracle table via an Active X Script Task. The Active X Script Task invokes an Oracle procedure to insert records, passing the data retrieved from the Sql Server table as parameters. The DTS package runs until all rows from the Sql Server table have been read and inserted into Oracle.
To connect to the Oracle database, I'm using the "OraOLEDB.Oracle" driver.
The DTS package runs great until it abruptly terminates during the Active X Script Task, suggesting that something occurred in Oracle that caused the package to stop running. Unfortunately I am unaware of Error Handling Logic that could trap the error when the Active X Script task terminates for no apparent reason.
Anyone's help in providing VB Script for handling errors from a call to an Oracle Procedure would be greatly appreciated..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back