Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error generating (fax) cover sheet - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2006
US
I know that this isn't a script question, but maybe someone can help me out anyway.

I'm trying to use Procomm Plus 4.8, running under WinXP Pro, to send a fax. I keep getting a "Error generating cover sheet" popping up when trying to use the Send Fax tool. It pops up a message box saying "Preparing Facsimile Documents" then immediately pops up a "Send Fax" message box with the text "Error generating cover sheet" on it. If I click OK on it, it just sits there with the "Preparing Facsimile Documents" message box saying "Preparing..." on it and doesn't do anything.

I know that my company has all sorts of funky security protocols on our machines (I'm beginning to loathe the names Sarbanes Oxley!), so maybe that has something to do with it. I just have no idea where to look, though.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Looks like my initial reply didn't take for some reason, but I would suggest checking out the Symantec knowledge base. Since they are apparently no longer selling or supporting Procomm, you may need to follow the links on the Procomm information page of my website (link at the bottom). Nothing jumps out at me immediately, but I would expect there to be a FAQ of some sort on this type of issue.

I use 4.8 & XP and also have had that trouble ...
Checking this may help [it fixed mine]...
From Procomm menu select "Options" > "System Options" > "System Options". From the Setup window select the "Fax" TAB. Two things to check are...
1. Under "User Info" - which coversheet file is specified? [you could select <none> and avoid using a coversheet]
2. Under "Fax Paths" - Ensure the coversheet path is correct for the coversheet file you are using.

*Also check that a file ACTUALLY exists at the combination of fax path & cover sheet as specified.

Hope that helps,
regards, Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back