Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error from Microsoft Management Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomR100

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
US
I have a new PC with SQL 2000 installed on it. I am able to create new DTSs andcopy DTSs from one server to another.

When I open the DTS and view the Destination tab (in the black arrow between connection 1 and 2) the information you would normally see is blank.

When I select the Transformations tab I get the popup to remove invalid transformation, change source/destination, or remaove all transformation and redo auto-mapping. I have not had this problem before and I do not know if SQL Server needs to be installed again.

If anyone else has had this problem can you tell me what you did to correct this.

Thank you in advance.
TomR100

Tom,

It may be helpful to describe your connections 1 and 2. When moving the dts packages there maybe a conflict that the server is unable or does not have permissions to access the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back