Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Failed to open connection crweb00000119 when running a report with a Parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilolee

Instructor
Nov 25, 2002
GB
I have created a report in Crystal 2011 getting data from a SQL server, and then place it on the CE server.

The report runs fine in Crystal Reports, and runs fine on CE. However when I change the report and add a Parameter it the falls over with the error in the subject.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Regards
Lee

Which version of CE? Are you using Crystal 2011 or Crystal XI? There is no guarantee that reports created in Crystal 2011, which is fairly new, will work with any version of CE, which is old software.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

When I look in the About it says version 14. It was bought this year.

Any way I found a fix. The ODBC connection on my machine was spelt with a capital letter ie 'Connection' and the one on the CE machine was lower case 'connection'. So I changed mine to 'connection' and it works.

I just don't believe that makes a difference.

Thanks
Lee

Yes, version 14 is Crystal 2011. You'll need to be careful about which functionality you use in this version Crystal - if you use functionality that's new since CE 10 came out, it will not run correctly in CE 10. If you do a Google search on "Crystal reports 2011 version comparison", the first non-sponsored link in the list goes to a pdf title "Comparison of Features by Version for the SAP Crystal Reports". This should show you which features are compatible with Crystal 10, which is the version that came out with CE 10.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Thanks, I'll keep that close by. First time on a CE server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back