Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error - EXE is not an object file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogy

Programmer
Nov 20, 2002
SI

I have made a simple application in VFP8.
I have run this application on two computers (WinXp and Win98SE) an it worked fine.
But now i want to run this application on third computer (also a Win98SE) and i get an error message: App1.EXE is not an Object file.

I have used all necessary DLL-s, but it still won't run.

Please help!

Did you use InstallShield to install the application to the other computer? If not then all the files that make your application work such as DLL, and support files are not present.

If you did then I would guess the exe is corrupted.

Don Higgins

Rogy,

Is this a FoxPro error or a Window error? Does it come up as soon as you launch the app, or is the app itself displaying the message? Are you trying to launch App1.Exe from Windows, or via a DO command in your application?

Mike

My sites:
Visual FoxPro (www.ml-consult.demon.co.uk)
Crystal Reports (www.ml-crystal.com)

Don,
I've tried to put the DLL-s into the WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder ant also into the folder with EXE file.
I was thinking that EXE could be corrupted but it works on other two computers.
I also thought that there was a problem with DLL-s so I copied them again, but error stays.

This is the list of DLL-s that I use:
GDIPLUS.DLL
VFP8t.DLL
VFP8r.DLL
MSVCR70.DLL
VFP8RENU.DLL

Mike,
The App1.exe is launched from Windows (not with Do command) and the error comes up when the application is launched.

Since you're not doing a proper installation, copying files to a Win98 box, I'd guess some dependency for gdi+ or c++ runtime isn't present. An installshield setup program would put this situation right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back