Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error - Event Source: vmauthd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2005
US
Hi all,

I hope today finds you well and in good spirits.

I have vmware workstation 5 on Windows Server 2003 and get this error in the event log once, every time the machine reboots.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: vmauthd
Event Category: None
Event ID: 100
Date: 11/1/2005
Time: 10:57:46 AM
User: N/A
Computer: NWY-RC-GCS-01
Description:
Cannot find perfmon object in array returned by perfDLL, index=0

Performance is NOT affected.

I checked the performance counters but everything is running and looks ok.

Any clues what might be causing this? I'm not sure but this might have started when I was copying vmware machine folders in and out of the machines storage area. I don't think this caused it though.

Any help, as always, is appreciated.

IggysFriend

Have you installed VMware tools yet?

If so, then get the Extensible Performance Counter List (exctrlst.exe) from or the Support Tools on your install CD.

When you run exctrlst, change the Sort Order to "Counter ID" and look for a counter named PerfOS.dll. Select that counter and see if "Performance Counters Enabled" is checked off. If it isn't, then put a check there. Then restart the "VMware Authorization Service." Check the event logs to see if the error occurs again.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back