Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ERROR Event ID 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelo23

Technical User
Jan 19, 2004
US
Hello,

In our event Log we are getting the following Error like every 5 minutes....
Event ID 1000
USER: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
COMPUTER: Mail1
Description:
The Group Policy client-side extension Security was passed flags(17) and returned a failure status code of (1332)...

How do I clear this up so it stops showing in our event log...Microsoft Online Support said to ADD a Group Policy object link for the Default Domain Controller policy to the Domain Controllers Organizationals unit... But when I went to add the default domain controller policy... There was already one there....???

Any help would be appreciated as I'm not a expert with Windows 2000 Server....

Thanks

Perhaps you have one of yours DC (Mail1) in another OU, not Domain Controllers OU?

===
Karlis
ECDL; MCP

1332 is "no mapping between account names and security IDs was done" This usually happens when a GPO contains a user ID that no longer exists in the domain.

Take a look at both default policies (default domain and default domain controllers), and go to computer configuration/windows settings/security settings/local policies/user rights assignments. Go through the list of rights and look for any user accounts that appear as SIDs (S-1-xx-xxxxxx......). Remove those accounts from the settings.

After you have done that, close the group policy editor, open a command prompt and run "secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy /enforce" Then check your application log for any new userenv errors. If all goes well, you will see an information event 1704 saying that group policy was applied successfully.

One other thing I forgot to mention. Also check the same location (user rights) in your local policy (gpedit.msc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back