Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

#ERROR Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheepDog

Programmer
Feb 4, 2003
US
What causes # ERROR to show up where the data is supposed to be in a report. I know if you key in the wrong information for criteria of a query or have the report using a different query than what it should it will cause this error but this is not the case with me getting the # Error.

Hi!

Usually it is some sort of syntax error in the control source.

hth

Jeff Bridgham
bridgham@purdue.edu

The query will not work either for this report. All the tables in the query work yet the query will not work. It worked fine the other day without myself making any changes.

I've noticed in the past that I get the #ERROR message if I try doing a calculated control using a field, and forget to change the Name property of the control to something other than the field's name (I usually toss the field down, then modify the data to make it a calculated control instead of starting from scratch). This one frustrated me for the longest time til I realized what I was doing.

Many thanks jpstroud for this comment -- was driving myself crazy over this. It's going in my notebook of "Dumb things to watch for when you are in a hurry"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back