Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error encountered by Crystal PageServer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazcadman

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2003
GB
When trying to view a report in ePortfolio (Crystal Enterprise) I am getting an error as follows:

Page header or footer longer than a page. File 6a82ec8912c88384.rpt. [On Cache/Page Server: S-REPORTS.pageserver]

If i try to schedule the report i get the message that it has failed as it is out of memory. It doesn't do this for all reports but has failed on several now.

The report runs ok in designer. It only fails once ran through EPortfolio. Does anyone know what this error means and how i can resolve the problem?

Thanks
Kaz

I am having the exact same situation - sorry I cant help!

LMC cryerlisa@hotmail.com

select * from Management where proj_mgmt_skills <> NULL

0 records returned

My page header was too far up and hitting the margin, and when I reduced the side of that a bit (shortened height) this problem went away.

LMC

0 records returned

Just FYI I had this happen again and I found the problem -- I had a new printer setup on my local machine (that I was printing on while developing the rpt in CR) and I left that printer "attached" to the report. When it moved to CE it did this exact same thing.

I went back into CR, opened the report, clicked printer setup, checked "no printer" and saved. I then re-saved the report to CE and set the db password, etc etc and VIOLA
no more error msg.

LMC

0 records returned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back