Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error during robocopy job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2007
US
This line is from a robocopy backup job log. It is copying from the c: drive to an external backup drive M:
I seem to see this error only when it is backing up Eudora files. Yes, Eudora is closed while this was happening.
I use this same script for a lot of people and have never seen this before. But, I don't have anyone else running Eudora!!!

The strange thing is that it appears to have a problem, retry and is then successful.
The other strange thing is that Googling this error doesn't seem to have anything to do with robocopy.

2015/01/16 15:07:22 ERROR 1224 (0x000004C8) Copying File C:\Users\Linda\Documents\Email\Out.toc
The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.Waiting 1 seconds... Retrying...
Newer 1.4 m Out.toc
0% 17% 35% 53% 70% 88% 100%

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Does the script run automatically at log on?

Does the problem occur when another user besides Linda (with admin priveleges) tries to run the script?

Is the external backup physically attached, or is it a network share?

-Carl
"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."

[tab][navy]For this site's posting policies, click [/navy]here.

Scheduled task via Windows task scheduler with "Run with highest priveleges" selected. Runs at a scheduled time - not a login. But I kicked this one off manually yesterday from task scheduler. Linda is ADMIN.

Backup drive is a USB external hard drive (Western Digital passport).

I verified that the target file had the same date on the backup as on the source drive when it was finished, so again it apparently was successful in copying. Just weird. PC was rebooted before I did this, so windows was "fresh".

Sometimes antivirus can cause this. And yes, it is a system error, not a robocopy error.

I guess bottom line - it is working/backing up. Would have to disable anti-virus to see if that's the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back