Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error during configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

XVI

Technical User
Jan 21, 2005
NO
During the start up configuration I got an error that said: Could not start service MySQL.Error:0
can anyone help me??

XVI

give us a clue

what OS, version, have you tried starting the server manually and if so what was the msyql error

The OS is win XP pro SP2, and it is MySQL server 4.1, the error came when I started configurating the program after installing it, I pushed the execute button and got the error that said: Could not start service MySQL.Error:0

I am having the same problem any ideas I am running Win 2000 server and MySql server 4.1 no luck on the google,searches yet.

hmm...try reinstalling and looking for any error message during installation?

Found the problem had to uninstall the service then take out the registry values went to add/remove programs and uninstalled it then went to the program files directory and deleted the folder MYSQL then reinstalled everything works good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back