Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error DTA015 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjtripp

Vendor
Jun 29, 2017
US
The system is a CS-1000. I am getting a error DTA015 3. I assume this error is coming from loop 3(TMDI PRI). They use this PBX for analog only. Could this effect call processing with DID faxing?

DTA0015 loop
Frame slip-tracking-maintenance limit.

Severity: Critical

That will almost certainly cause issues with calls on that loop. You should check your clocking and make sure it is locked on to the primary source.

They have a main cabinet and 2 expansion. The primary loop I need to lock to is 3. I logged on in LD 60 and started with the following.

.SSCK 0
DSBL

IP DB PORT 1 DSBL
IP DB PORT 2 DSBL
IP DB PORT 3 DSBL
IP DB PORT 4 DSBL
CALL SERVER CLK SRC: CC

I then tried the following commands and subsequent error codes.
.TRCK PCK 0 3
DTI003

.TRCK PCK 3
DTI068

How can I lock the clocking and clear the DTA015 3 Frame Slip error? Thanks all for the help.

ENL CC [cabinet # loop 3 is in](enables clock)
TRCK PCK (tracks to the primary reference)
SSCK [cabinet # loop 3 is in](stats the clock again)
RCNT (resets error counters)

I tried the following several times with no response.

.ENL CC 0

DTI068

.SSCK 0
DSBL

IP DB PORT 1 DSBL
IP DB PORT 2 DSBL
IP DB PORT 3 DSBL
IP DB PORT 4 DSBL
CALL SERVER CLK SRC: CC
In the past I have put the CC in free run. I don't remember how. Is that an option or is there something else I am missing?

I found the command for free run with no luck. Getting the same error code. Can any one please help?
.TRCK FRUN

DTI068

Hi the DTI068 error you got when you tried to enable the CC

DTI0068 c
System clock generator c is not responding.

You might want to investigate that, no point trying the various track commands when the CC is disabled. What system type is it (Just the one CC?)

LD 22
REQ ISS

CALL SERVER/MAIN CAB
VERSION 2121

System type is - PBX 11C
Nortel PBX 11C

RELEASE 5
ISSUE 50 J +

Just one CC as far as I can tell. Is this something I can clear remote? The cust is 2 hrs from my office and will need to schedule time. Thanks for your help.

I would like to add some additional history to this trouble. About 2 months ago I cleared a major trouble by disabling 3 PRI cards (loop 1 CC, loops 2&6) and unseat them from the cabinet. I had to do this because when they cut over to cisco the boneheads that were working on the PBX failed to tell IT that there was no longer any PRI's connected to said loops. I assumed that the clocking would lock to loop 3. They use this PBX for analog only so it's not service critical. I was called for some unrelated troubles when I discovered the DTA015. How can I enable the CC and get it to free run or lock to loop 3?

The clocking daughterboard that was being used is probably on one of those unseated circuit boards.

Do I need to disable loop 3 and move the card with the CC board to loop 3? Enable loop 3 and see if the CC will enable and lock to it? Thanks again.

As long as the part numbers on the two circuit cards match that would be a good way to go at it.

The part# of the card with the CC daughterboard is NTRB21AB Rlse 01.
The part# of the card in loop 3 is NTRB21AA Rlse 10.
The are both DTI/PRI TMDI cards. Will a swap work or is there another route to fix the CC issue?

of course you will need to reconfigure the CC in LD 73 also (T1 under DDB, E1 under PRI2, SYTI)

Did the swap and the CC is still not responding. I did not see a daughterboard on the card? Is there a sw issue?

I disabled and enabled the loop. The card will not enable or respond to any commands. The card is in red alarm on OOS and amber alarm on CC. How can I get the card to enable an get the CC to respond?

There is no CC daughter board on that card. I don't know the history on this system. I assumed that the CC daughter board was on the card that was in loop 1. The tech that worked on the system before me could have removed the daughter board? How can I find out what loop the system was clocking from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back