Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Dialog Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsdpsingh

Programmer
Mar 8, 2011
IN
When any application error comes while doing some thing, then ErrorDialog Box popups and says "Application Error" and give us 3 options : "Ok" "Skip Messages" "Details"
and detail will show you the main problem like ::
invalid command name ".button"
invalid command name ".button"
while executing
".button -text "run""
invoked from within
".b invoke"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
(procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 22)
invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .b"
(command bound to event)

So can i prevent this from popping up! i know i can "catch" this also. but i need to only print this on terminal not on screen with topmost level which prevent user to perform other operations further. If i just need to print the whtever error details on the terminal itself and SHOULD not popup.
OR
is their any way to edit this errorDialog if i want to change focus or anything. where i can access its code??
please help me out for this. any kind of help will be appriciated.
thanks in advance.. :)

I didn't answer earlier because I don't know of any way to do what you want. Someone else might but I think it's a feature of the interpreter and not amenable to configuration.

really thanks for your concern..
but couldn't i make changes in the configuration and prevent this.
Hope some one will help me.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back