Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error detecting by database dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

maha12

Programmer
Sep 8, 2002
LK
Hello All,

I am using VB6 and CR 8.When viewing the report the error"Run time error '20534' Error detecting by database dll" comes up. So when I close the programme and runs it agin then it runs with no errors.
The same thing happen when it is installed to a new computer which has no VB and Crystal installed.But if it runs again its works.
And also I try with another computer which has VB6 and CR9 installed same thing happened.Why this?

Maha.

I have had similar problems with crystal.

My problems were caused by the datasource for the report changing slightly. I got round it by turning on the option in the report to 'Verify on every print'.

It might help you.

Matt

If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you obviously haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your help.
be your mind happy and pure!

maha.

HI I still facing the same problem on it and Matt can u explain in detail how to do this? I have Crystal 8 with VB6 and facing same problem during prin or view.

Hi Vincentan,

Open your report in crystal, in the Database menu there is an option 'Verify on every print', click this and then save the report.
hopefully it will help you out, I wish I could say what causes the problem, but I never worked that out!

regards

Matt

If you can keep your head while those around you are losing theirs, you obviously haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back