Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error [Database Vendor Code: 12154 ] Failed to open connection 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo1

Technical User
Jul 26, 2006
GB
I get this error when i try to preview a schedule a report on Enterprise.

Error
Failed to open the connection. Sensor.rpt Details: [Database Vendor Code: 12154 ]

I am using Enterprise, Crystal Xi, Windows XP

what kind of connection are you useing for datasource in your report? if you are using ODBC make sure that the ODBC driver is also installed in the server running CMS.
what is the back end database, oracle, sybase, DB2?

Hi,
Looks like an Oracle error..:
OracleDocs said:
TNS-12154 TNS:could not resolve service name

Cause: The service name specified is not defined correctly in the TNSNAMES.ORA file.

Action: Make the following checks and correct the error:

Verify that a TNSNAMES.ORA file exists and is in the proper place and accessible. See the operating system specific manual for details on the required name and location.
Check to see that the service name exists in one of the TNSNAMES.ORA files and add it if necessary.
Make sure there are no syntax errors anywhere in the file. Particularly look for unmatched parentheses or stray characters. Any error in a TNSNAMES.ORA file makes it unusable

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Thanks crsdev: I'm using an oracle server connection and the back end database is oracle.

Thanks Turkbear: I've added a TNS entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back