Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error creating repository user in OWB

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenbone

Programmer
Oct 19, 2005
SI
Hi all!

First I'd like to thank you all for replying to my previous post. Now I have more technical problem.
I'm using Oracle Warehouse Builder (10.2.0.1). I've been following Oracle Examples and successfully created 2 repositories (repository users). But now I'm trying to create a new one and I get next error:

The Warehouse Builder repository owner installation failed on user XXX.
INS0017: Installation of the seed data failed.oracle.wh.util.parser.ParseException.

After clicking OK, there is another message:
INS0029: Error occured during installation. Check the log file <path>\<log file name>.log for details.

Among other things in log file there is this error:

The user is not a new user. INS0018: Error occurred to this new user. This user name already exists in database. Specify another new user name.
OWBRT_SYS user already exists in database.

But OWBRT_SYS is Versioning User, that I can't change anywhere in the Create Repository Wizard. My question is, is there a way to change this versioning user or maybe I must grant/revoke some privileges to this user?

I'm not even sure that this is the main reason for this error, but I don't know where to go next.

I've posted my problem on OWB forum, but there are daily new posts there and I didn't get the answer. If anyone is interested, here is the link:

Any ideas?

Thank you!
BB

Hi!

Well, since I didn't know what to do I went and dropped user OWBRT_SYS and all it's objects. Then I created new repository user with no problem. I inserted records for previous repositories in OWB in OWBRT_SYS tables and for now everything works fine.

Just a reply if someone will run into the same problem.

Best regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back