Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error creating informix runner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttkong

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
MY
Hi all,

When I build the informix runner (with c programs) using cfglgo, the following error appear:

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
ibm_lib4gl_doOperMDY (first referenced in /informix/lib/tools/libfglgo.a(fgim
ain.o)) (code)
ibm_lib4gl_doConcat (first referenced in /informix/lib/tools/libfglgo.a(fgima
in.o)) (code)
ibm_lib4gl_printFileOpen (first referenced in /informix/lib/tools/libfglgo.a(
fgimain.o)) (code)
ibm_lib4gl_closeFglErrLog (first referenced in /informix/lib/tools/libfglgo.a
(fgimain.o)) (code)
ibm_lib4gl_doCurrent (first referenced in /informix/lib/tools/libfglgo.a(fgim
ain.o)) (code)
:
:
error creating C runner!

For your information, I am using INFORMIX IDS 7.31. I understand that certain function name had been change such as retint(x) is replaced with ibm_lib4gl_returnMInt(x). However, the library functions listed above are not being used by my c programs.

Anyone have idea?

Billion thanks.

TTKong

Hi:

While your "C" functions aren't using the missing library functions, other functions are. The cfglgo script is probably missing a library which should be included.

I'd check with Informix tech support. If you don't have support, you might try determining which library you are missing and add it to cfglgo. cfglgo is a shell script.

Are you using the interactive debugger? If you are, you'll have to create a custom debugger runner using cfgldb. If cfgldb works, you might look in the script to see what library you are missing.

Regards,

Ed

Hi

This, I belive, has to do with the order of installation. I've had the same type of problem when I installed 7.31.

Of couse you had set the correct LD_LIBRARY_PATH (This one is for Sun Solaris) the following way:
for csh:
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${INFORMIXDIR}/lib:${INFORMIXDIR}/lib/esql:
{INFORMIXDIR}/lib/tools:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

for ksh:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${INFORMIXDIR}/lib:${INFORMIXDIR}/lib/esql:
{INFORMIXDIR}/lib/tools:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Check this first!!

Next I remember that I had to reinstalling Informix. The order of installation, which is importen, is normally Application development tools from oldest to newest version, then SQL application programming interfaces (APIs) from oldest to newest version, then Database servers in order from oldest to newest versions as said in the Informix installation guide. I had an older ISQL version that I wanted to use with R4GL and IDS 7.31. So what I did was to install the older ISQL first then the R4GL and last the IDS.

That solved the problem for me but if you have ISQL and R4GL the samme version, you should follow the recommended order of installation. I'am using the gcc as c compiler and I had to test my way tru to solve the problem. If you want to use ISQL you could try to not install the ISQL program, create your fglgo and fgldb program, remember to save them away from informix, then redo the installation, and copy back fglgo and fgldb to $INFORMIX/bin, thats a long shot!

Last I've experienced problems with this version of Informix R4GL 7.31.UC3. They (Informix) forgot some debugg code in the release. If you experience problems like "Form file not found", or "A report output file cannot be opened" you have hit the bugg. To solve this you have to create a empty file called "amitj.log" in your /tmp katalog owned by Informix with permissons "r--r--r--".

Thorkild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back