Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error creating DTS to put file on FTP server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespi20

Technical User
Jan 14, 2004
US
I'm trying to create a DTS that puts a comma delimited file out on an FTP server. It's a simple select * query however I keep getting a [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver]Syntax error in FROM clause

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to get around this?

Thanks!

Margaret

Use search for this forum, I've seen this topic many times. Sorry I'm too tired to give you any other advice.

Cheers

[blue]Backup system is as good as the latest recovery[/blue]

There may be a way to create the text file straight out to the FTP server in one command but I have not seen it "yet".

What I have had to do is create my Source connection as the DB and my destination connection as the text file. The location of the text file is place in the folder on my local FTP server.

I then create my data pump to pull the records from the DB and place them in my text file. Once that is complete, I create an FTP task that send the file from my local FTP share to the destination FTP server.

You could also use a WIN32 task, then set it up as an FTP task and have then use a connection file( text file) that has the info to log onto the remote FTP server and "puts" the file.

Thanks

J. Kusch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back