Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error ; Could not reconnect all network drives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dechnoz

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2001
US
I have an XP pro machine on a NT4 network. I have used it for several months with no complaints. 2 weeks ago I started having trouble connecting to the network. I get the "Could not reconnect all network drives" message.

Initially I though it might be a permissions issue and just added myself as an administrator in the local accounts. That seemed to clear everything up. Then last week it started again.

I have tried deleting my local account and then adding it again and I was then able to log on, but now even that isn't working.

I have eventually been able to log on successfully (so far)by repeated log offs/log ons and shutdowns, but that is getting on my nerves now!

Thanks in advance.
Does this sound like a hardware issue?

Try removing yourself at the NT server as a user, and then adding yourself back.

At the client workstation, start a CMD session:

net use /persistant:no

exit back to Windows.

Use Explorer and remove all shares.

Reboot.

Logon as the "new" client to the server. Start again a CMD session:

net use /persistant:yes

exit back to Windows.

Now restore your mappings to shares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search