Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error connecting via ODBC "Unable to load locale categories"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertoMG

Programmer
Jun 20, 2002
ES
I have an Informix 7.3.1 database in a Sun 450 with Solaris 7. This database is used by SAP R/3.

Now I need to connect via ODBC an Datawarehouse program (SYNERA) that runs on Windows 2000. I can view the databases on the server and I can conect to SYSMASTER, but when i tried to connect whith de SAP database i have an ODBC error "Unable to load locale categories".

I need help, please.

simple reason could be path of the locale is not set properly, this err is very common "-23101 Unable to load locale categories"

just set the path of the informix7.31/gls and all informix path properly.

Rgds

Alam Badre

simple reason could be path of the locale is not set properly, this err is very common "-23101 Unable to load locale categories"

just set the path of the informix7.31/gls and all informix path properly.

Rgds

Alam Badre

What alamb is referring to is the $INFORMIXDIR environment variable. You should be able to echo $INFORMIXDIR from command line to see the current value - make sure you are logging in as the user who will be accessing the db. ie, if apache then user might be httpd).

This apparently is a common problem, but it may not be what is actually causing the error. I have the same error now and my environment variables are set properly; errors began after I did a clean shutdown/boot after installing RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back