Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error connecting to the Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarleneD

Technical User
Jul 4, 2003
CA
When try to connect to the server from Analysis Services Manager, I receive the following error message:

Errors occured when connecting to Main
Cannot open connection to Analysis server 'Main'
Cannot connect to the server 'Main'. The server is not started or busy.
Do you still want to register this server?

The server name is 'Main'.

My OS is Windows XP Professional. This is a stand alone PC - the SQL Server 2000 is hosted together with Analysis Services on my local.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem, I've just installed service pack 3 and still have the same error message.

Finally!!!

I've just fixed my problems. What was happenning is that I have two firewalls, one is windows' firewall, and the other is a Mcafee's one. I had to add SQL Server's port to both firewalls, and also to add all SQL Server's applications as "grant" on Mcaffe's one, and that's it.

Finally I had to run SQL Server's service pack 3, and now I'm ready to work on OLAP.

Hi MarleneD
Did you solve your problem with connecting? I have the same problem and would very much like to know what you did to get on....

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back