Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Code (service command failed error -2).

Status
Not open for further replies.

rb2020

Technical User
Oct 29, 2012
US
I notice this error after trying to make a name change to a new user telephone. I forgot to remove the old voicemail message and save the the new user voice mail message under the old user. This left a voice mail indicator light. After a couple on attempts trying to remove the voice mail messages with no luck. This when the Error message occured trying to access the IP Manager the next day.

My next step was to reboot the IP Office after business hours to see if that will correct this error message login into the IP Manager. Once I rebooted IP Office I was able to login the IP Manger and the voicemail indicator light information was removed from the new users phone.

IP Office release version 8.02.23

This is normal behaviour if you rename without first emptying the mailbox, the "service command failed error -2" was just an unrelated glitch that sometimes happens, it was pure coincidence :)

"No problem monkey socks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back