Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error code REC FRMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary454

Programmer
Dec 11, 2006
US
I am receiving the error code FRMR from an opt 11c. Everything I've looked at tells me it's a "re-establishing D-channel after receiving a frame reject from the far end." Knowing that, what could be the problem?

how often does it happen? both ends b8xs?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It's happenning every few minutes. Just on the opt11 end.

Is that it????????? Nothing else?????????? Thanks

I would check with your vendor and make sure your framing (B8ZS) and protocol (NI2, ESS5?) match with what they have on their end first. Then suspect the D channel dauterboard.

My vendor isn't alot of help. I've notified them last week, still positive response. The vendor's tech knows less than I do, God bless him. This opt 11 works off an 81 in our data center. We had a change in service this past month, we "upgraded" to Ethernet from ATM. That's when the problem started. We've checked and re-checked the Cisco 2851, which emulates the D channel to the opt 11.
We've changed out the front-end 2851 at the data center and the campus, the next thing is testing the fiber and the new jumpers added. Thanks for the help.

When I said "vendor", I ment circuit provider. I'm not familiar with your setup (maybe a little advanced for me). I'm used to self contained opt11 w/ in/out PRI on a DTI w/ daughterboard for DCH. The only time I had DCH sinc issues, the protocol was miss matched when we switch to a new circuit. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back