Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error code I can't explain

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach314

Technical User
Jul 29, 2011
CA
hello to all

I have been using an MS Access 2002 athletic meet scoring program that I wrote some years ago. Now, when I click a cmd button to open one of my Reports, I get the following message...

"Error No: 2465; Description: B_Meet_Scoring can't find the field 'Forms' referred to in your expression."

Here's my problem...

The code is unchanged. Even when I run old archive versions from previous years, I now get this same error message.

When the identical mdb is run on any of my other 4 machines, it works flawlessly.

The malfunctioning computer had its SSD replaced about 4 months ago (Windows 7 was replaced), so this could have something to do with it.

It would be pointless, I think, to confuse my question with tons of actual code. Is there any possible explanation for this unusual behavior on this 1 machine?

Thank you in advance
Teach314

I expect there might be a different data access version. Can we assume your query is filtered based on a reference to a control on a form? Do you have any control sources in your report like:
=Forms!....

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

hello Duane - thanks for responding.

Yes. The Page Header part of my report has two text boxes. The first is shown below, and the second is similar.

=Forms!frmMenu_Main!txtMeetHost

I've tried writing them like, =[Forms]![frmMenu_Main]![txtMeetHost], but this had no effect.

Teach314

also, Duane, I don't really even know what is meant by 'different data access version'. I'll try to research it.
Teach314

Try change the control sources to something like:
[pre]=[highlight #FCE94F]"[/highlight]Forms!frmMenu_Main!txtMeetHost[highlight #FCE94F]"[/highlight][/pre]

Do still get the error message?

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

hi again - when I tried ="Forms!frmMenu_Main!txtMeetHost", I now get error...

Error No: 3709, Description: The search key was not found in any record.

Teach314

I'm pretty sure its not something I did to the text box because when I copy the mdb to any of 4 other computers using the same version of Access and the same OS, it works fine.

I think I'm ready now to give up on understanding this strange behavior. Thank you for trying, Duane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back