Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Code = 7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

celsis

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2001
IE
First of all, let me apologise if this is very basic, but I'just started using Arcserve in a new job and seemingly, this problem has been going on for ages without anyone knowing how to fix it.

Using Arcserve v.6.6 on NT4. The last 4 lines of the Activity Log are as follows:

Date: Time: 423 Media Remaining Capacity 2243MB
Date: Time: 423 Backup Operation Incomplete
Date: Time: [CAT] Failed to insert detail records (EC = Error Code = 7)
Date: Time: Reschedule Backup (date, time)

Anyone any ideas?

Thanx,

Mike

Hello Mike,

seems you have a problem with the Arcserve Raima Database. Two links which may help solving the problem:

Title: ARCserveIT Tape Catalog Files and the Mergecat Utility

Title: How to Maintain the ARCserveIT NT Raima Database

To make sure you have a Raima Database running look for "dbmgr.exe" in the ARCserve root. If it's there it's Raima.
Additionally you should backcheck your ARCserve version by going to the Job Status where you should perform a double-click on "MyComputer" to call the server properties.

I hope these hints will help you solving your problem.

Good luck!

Hi,

Either you are low on hard drive space or the database needs fixing with dbmgr.exe as mentioned above, is this 6.6 or 6.61 and have you got a standard or vldb database?

Thanx to all. The problem was solved by moving the 'Test' version of my database to another partition, thereby creating more disk space on the original drive. Backup is now completing.

Mike

Hi,

I have the same type of problem as celsis.
The EC=7 also appears when I try to merge a tape to the database.

The partion that holds the database has over 4GB of free space and that shouldn't cause any problems or ?

Have used DBMGR and repair but the problem is the same.

My last hope is to initialize the database with DBMGR and merge the tape needed to restore the lost files.
Is this the way to go ?

I use ARCserveIT 6.6 (Build 795)WG with Pro Pack on NT 4 Sp6a. This installation will shortly be upgraded to ARCserve2000, but that won't help the users at this moment.

HELP !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back