Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error code 3501 on NPX

Status
Not open for further replies.

IT6200

Technical User
May 19, 2012
IL
Hi,
While query recordings on NPX 3.0 from today, I get the following error message, for some of the recordings of the query results.
No recording found
The recording is probably on backup media.
Record the data and channel of the interaction you want to find and give this information to your system administrator to retrieve it. Retrieval can take several hours.
(Code 3501)

There is no backup device configure on this system.
TDM gateway is running.

Can someone help with this error message?

in channel monitoring do the channels show as OK?
is the ntlogger service running? is there a IP icon in sys tray near time bottom right?
in nice services windows click on tdm gateway right click and click on show log, any errors in logs?

can you run log collector on NPX and post logs? what update pack is it on?

Hi,
Thanks for your reply,
The logger configuration is analog,
All channels in the monitoring show as OK.
All the services are running ok.
No errors in the TDM gateway log.
No change after system reset.
I don't know what update pack installed.

I don't have a remote connection to the system, I plan be there again in few days.
While inserting a test tone from the connection box that located next to the system, all channels are recording properly.
Regads,

ok. when your onsite click on help and then about and it will show version 3.0.x. x is update pack version 15 is latest update pack.

if the issue is only started today and you have tested the connection box and it records then it maybe an issue further on, cabling etc. make some test calls from phones and see what results you get.make sure the NIC is setup properly also as per install manual. regardless of it been analog/TDM it still shows IP icon in systray.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,
The system configuration is analog only.
All services are running.
TDM gateway is running and no errors in the log file.
Don't know what update pack installed.
There is no remote connection to the system - plan to be there again in few days.
While inserting a test tone from the connection box that located next to the logger - all channels recording properly.
Regards.

this 3501 error Code is a generic error for any king of connection problem to the logger?

I mean, if theres some failure in contacting the logger service (service stopped, network (althout all services are in the same box)) the 3501 error code will show.

But if the recording is NOT on the NPX due to a failure, or deletion after retention period, the same error 3501 will show?

Thanks

=== remember that NICE is not so nice ===

hi 3501 is a playback error message. for recording issues and alerts these alert id's start @ 20000 have a look at troubleshooting NPX 3 on extranice page 184 onwards

I was getting this 3501 error, pointing to a backup.

But the conclusion of the case was that calls were never actually recorded, the system got the telephony events, and show the "speaker" icon, but when trying to play / download it would show this 3501 error.

In my particular case it was a windows error causing the IPcapture.exe service to shutdown or be unstable.
although, my system is TDM and when i saw the errors in the event viewer I thought that IPcapture.exe would be not necessary at all.

Take care!

=== remember that NICE is not so nice ===

I would suggest updating to the latest NPX 3 UP pack which is 16. Lots of good fixes in it including the TDM and VOIP capture crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back