Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error code 202 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

systema

Programmer
Jan 30, 2001
IT
Hi, I get an error 202 in FoxPro 2.6a running on NT4 workstation during a SQL-query when I save the result into a cursor. The program is an EXE file.
What I can't understand is that, if I run it from the command window of FoxPro it works correctly and creates the cursor with any problem, but if I run it from a link on the desktop I get the error.
I have many other programs like that, but they create every the cursors I want.
Has anybody got a suggestion ? Many Thanks.

Hi,

I suspect that FP can´t find the location for temporary workspace, needed to physically place the cursor. That directory is set through TMPFILES in CONFIG.FP. If you run the SQL from the command window, and no TMPFILES is set, then is used the default start directory (most probably FP's).

If you run from a link, check the existance of a CONFIG.FP in the start directory, the setting of TMPFILES and make sure that there is enough room where it points.

Good luck!

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back