Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error cloning activated version of Windows XP with Ghost 6.5 and up

Status
Not open for further replies.

appealdenied

Technical User
Sep 29, 2002
US
I have been unable to complete the process of refreshing an instance of Windows XP on a Gateway E-3200 (256MB, 20GB HD). I have tried this multiple times but I keep getting an error approximately 25% of the way through the process with an error code "Application Error 19235" (No real description but it does suggeste that I give Symmantec a try). The C Drive is an NTFS drive and the D Drive is FAT32. I have used Ghost 6.5, Ghost 7.0, and Ghost 7.5 and they all return the same error. Furthermore, this error still occurs with an activated version of a clean install XP. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. "Life is like a purple antelope walking through a sea of dead tuna."

I would try running ghost as shown below from a DOS prompt.
ghost -ntic -ntil
I have seen numerous issues when ghosting to an NTFS partition and this has corrected them all. For more useful ghost commands, type ghost /? at a dos prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back