Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ERROR: Check Physical Container Global Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zugdud

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2003
US
I keep getting the error:

Check Physical Container Global Table to computername from servername

It is popping up like every 30 seconds on the server and also on EVERY computer connected to that domain using windows xp or 2000. does anyone know what this error means or where I can find information on it? More importantly if anyone knows a way to disable the message broadcasting it would be much appricated!

Hello,
Go into services and disable or put it to manual message service and alerter service on the server. The best way I have found is when you are rolling out users pc's disable these on all of there computers. The service's message and aleter come in handy when it is running on the server, so you can see the message.

Check that the server door isnt open or the chassis is not screwed together properly.

The message means "a container breach" ie the door is open.

thanks for the replies, I performed the suggested by stopping these services:

alerter
messanger

However it still seems to be giving everyone the error. Is there a way to define settings for alerter or turning off the message broadcasting? I checked the computer and it was properly closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back