Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Cannot Load Resource File sqresus.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkipVought

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
US

Hi Fellow Colleagues,

I am posting this in several forums, because of the nature of this issue.

I'm running Office 2003, Oracle 9.2, Attachmate Extra!Personal Client 3270 emulator 5.1.2600.2180

I perform ODBC queries, to Oracle databases, in Excel, using MS Query. Works just fine.

I execute VBA to scrape an IMS screen in my emulator, with code like...
Code:
    Dim oSys As Object, oSess As Object, oScreen As Object

Set oSys = CreateObject("Extra.System")

Set oSess = oSys.activesession

Set oScreen = oSess.screen

Cells(1, 1).Value = oScreen.area(1, 1, 1, 80)

Set oScreen = Nothing

Set oSess = Nothing

Set oSys = Nothing
Works just fine.

However, if I execute the above code, and then attempt to Data>Refresh my QueryTable in my Worksheet, I get the following error...
[tt]
---------------------------
Oracle ODBC Driver
Error Cannot Load Resource File sqresus.dll
OK
[/tt]
Followed by
[tt]
Microsoft Excel
Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1114 (Oracle in OraHome92).
OK
[/tt]
Followed by the Select Data Source Window. I must Cancel, CLOSE EXCEL & reopen to clear this error.

While in this state, I can Data>Edit Query, manipulate the data in the QBE grid, accessing the Oracle database all along, but as soon as I attempt to Edit>Return data to Excel, I get the error.

I have tried copying sqresus.dll and sqora32.dll from C:\orant\bin to C:\WINDOWS\system and C:\WINDOWS\system32, to no avail.

What else might I try?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

What is the value of OraHome92? You should be able to find it in the Windows registry. Whatever it is, make sure that {OraHome92}\bin is in the system PATH variable.

Based on the file copying you did, you appear to think that OraHome92 is c:\orant. That's possible, but that kind of directory structure would be more typical of an Oracle 8 installation, not Oracle 9i.

I suggest you remove the files you copied to the system and system32 directories.

It's puzzling that you sometimes can get data and sometimes not. Perhaps the stuff that is working is somehow using a different ODBC driver, such as the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle.

OraHome92 is the name of the ODBC driver, sqora32.dll.

It's in c:\orant\bin along with the two .dll's I copied.

Strange that this ONLY happens, AFTER I execute the Extra.System code in Excel VBA.

I will try to configure a different Oracle driver, but the problem is, that I have a numbe of users that I'll have to do this for as well.

It also seems to me that somewhere in the murky-lurky past, the MS Oracle driver did not perform well, but I cannot remember for sure what the circumstances were.

Thanks for the come back info.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Do you mean you actually looked in the registry and found that OraHome92 was set to sqora32.dll? That would mean that your Oracle 9i installation is all messed up. OraHome92 should in reality point to the directory path where the Oracle 9i software is installed. Beneath this directory there should be a "bin" subdirectory where sqora32.dll resides. Having OraHome92 set to a dll name in the registry is really weird.

On my workstation, I can find the registry keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE. ORACLE_HOME is set to C:\oracle\ora92. ORACLE_HOME_NAME is OraHome92. Going down another level, ALL_HOMES has DEFAULT_HOME set to OraHome92 and ALL_HOME\ID0 has NAME set to OraHome92 and PATH set to C:\oracle\ora92.

How does your registry compare?

Also, in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\OCBD Drivers, I have Oracle in OraHome92 set to Installed and in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\Oracle in OraHome92 has Driver set to C:\oracle\ora92\BIN\SQORA32.DLL

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ODBC Data Sources
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\Oracle in OraHome92-
Driver & Setup c:\orant\BIN\SQORA32.DLL
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE -
ORACLE_GROUP_NAME
ORACLE_HOME_NAME
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\ALL_HOMES - DEFAULE_HOME
\IDO - Name - OraHome92
Path - c:\orant

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

It looks as if c:\orant is, indeed, your Oracle 9i home. To further verify this, you could execute c:\orant\bin\sqlplus.exe from a command prompt. It should tell you the release number, which should be some version of 9.2. For example, 9.2.0.8.0, on my workstation. If you can log in to Oracle using this version of sqlplus, your software install is probably ok.

Have you verified that c:\orant is in the system path?

I don't know if it will make a difference, but I would try setting the default Oracle home. There should be an "Oracle Installation Products" group in your start menu, and a Home Selector within that group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back