Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error - cannot create activeX control

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlindahl

Programmer
Sep 23, 2003
US
I am using the createobject("InetCtls.Inet") to ftp a text file. This works on 2 of my 4 computers, but on the other 2 I get the error - cannot create activeX control. The error occurs at this line. Is there a specific file that must be on the computer for the Inet control to work?

Yes, the actual activeX file needs to be on the target computer and properly registered with the Operating system.

I would check to make sure the ActiveX file exists. If not find out how to properly install it. If it does exist then try to register it manually.

Make sure that all required files are part of your setup or distribution package.

zemp

No, Check your reference or components. It should list the name and location of the file at the bottom of the dialog box.

zemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back