Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error backing up SYSTEM DB - v6.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jar251169

Technical User
Oct 16, 2001
ES
Hi all, I have a problem with backup process. I have a Legato Server v6.1.1 running over UNIX and many clients. I have a Win2000 server SP1 with client v6.1.1 which returns an error backing up SYSTEM DB. This is log portion:

NetWorker Savegroup: (notice) STS W2K completed, 2 client(s) (All Succeeded)
* srv_1:SYSTEM DB:\ Disk Quota Databases - Failed to read quota data:0x00000005
* srv_1:SYSTEM DB:\ Disk Quota Databases - Error saving
* srv_1:SYSTEM DB:\ Removable Storage Database - rsmow: Exported the RSM database.
V srv_1: SYSTEM DB:\ level=full, 834 KB 01:07:18 11 files
srv_1: SYSTEM FILES:\ level=skip, 0 KB 01:07:43 0 files
V srv_1: SYSTEM STATE:\ level=full, 207 MB 01:13:47 197 files

The other similar Win2000 server (SRV_2 W2000 server SP1)doesn't show this error. SRV_1 reports this error but really seems to work fine with message "2 client(s) (All Succeeded)" and "SYSTEM DB level=full" is marked with "V".

- Is the backup performed successful or unsuccessful?
- Is important this error?
- Will affect in future restores?
- How to repair it?

Thanks in advance. Regards.

Delgado

Hi,
I discovered this problem and logged a case with Legato..... This is the latest reply in this case.

My server is saying "Failed to create quota" so it might not bee the same problem, but Legato is having some problem with their 6.1.1 version on w2k that's for sure....

--------------------------
Hello,
Case#: 3000768
Error: Failed to create quota -LGTpa33874

FYI: As of Feb 13, 2002 - the issue is still actively been addresseed with engineering.
--------------------------

Hi, Thanks for your quick answer.

The message is not the same but at least is a new possibility. I'm trying to find the readme for this patch but I cannot to find it.

do you know where is it?
something about questions?

Thanks.

Delgado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back