Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error after Cut and Paste SSIS components...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmgmzp

Programmer
Aug 18, 2006
US
After I cut and paste a source component, a data conversion and a destination component... the data conversion component gives me an error.

"The package contains two objects with the duplicate name of output column "xxx(123)".

for the life of me I can't find out how to fix this so I end up deleting the data conversion component and re-creating it.

Any advice?

I guess it's telling you it doesn't like the same-named output columns in the original and copied versions.

However, if you are able to recreate it from scratch with the same output column name, then it's probably a bug in ssis. There's plenty of them.

A column name must be unique within your data flow your first data conversion creates that column so your second data flow can't have the same column name as an output.

Paul
---------------------------------------
Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back