Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error after changing DNS name

Status
Not open for further replies.

box10

Programmer
Apr 14, 2008
US
We have a server with Actuate 8 iServer installed that will need to change DNS names. I shut down the Actuate service and changed the name in the file “D:\Actuate8\iServer\servletcontainer\mgmtconsole\WEB-INF\web.xml”. When I tried to start it again, I got the following error in the log:

Code:
****0000007872*pmdfacade.cpp*01425*08000*2008APR11*10:34:42
 Caught ServerException with Error Number : 9005
  Localized String : SOAP endpoint start failure : The specified IP is invalid.  SOAP endpoint could not bind to this address.

Does anyone know what I am missing, or where I can go to find out how to do this? Is Actuate the type of application where I would need to rebuild/re-deploy?

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, this is for Maximo. I ended up removing and reinstalling Actuate, which may not have been necessary. Perhaps I could have updated the {Actuate home}/etc/rsse_maximo.properties file to match the {Maximo home}\applications\maximo\properties\maximo.properties file.

I found the following article helpful:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back