Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error adding report in CMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

eguthrie

Programmer
Nov 30, 2001
US
I have a Crystal report that has an Oracle stored procedure as its datasource. I've adjusted the stored procedure parameters in the Crystal Report file to contain dynamic values (from either a database view or a Command object query). The report runs correctly when run from the Crystal Report software.

But when I try to add the report to the CMC, I get an error.

The error I get is:
"Adding Crystal Report "CargoContactListTest.rpt" failed. The server with kind rptappserver returned an error result. Failed to copy the report
file to the report object. Refreshing the report object properties mighthave failed. Failed to read data from report file G:\Business
Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Data\CrystalReportsRasServer\temp\{36A30FE6-A323-4F0F-90F1-33D45DCA82FB}.rpt.
Reason: Failed to read parameter object"

If I change the parameter list to a static list of values, and then there is no problem adding the report to the server. It's only when I change it to a dynamic list that I cannot add it in the CMC.

Does anybody know how to resolve this problem?

Thanks.

Be sure that the account that the reportserver is running under has full rights to the source of the dynamic parameters.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back