Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error accessing file

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker73

MIS
Jun 7, 2001
US
I am getting the following error on my forms: "The expression On Load you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost."

I don't know what's going on with my database because I am pulling data from a database that is stored locally on my desktop. I re-linked the tables and am still having the issue. Any ideas on what could possibly be going on?

Check out this thread in this forum: thread705-283848 for the solution. is also referenced in that thread.

I started getting the error with a form that wouldn't appear on the form list yet I had a code module in the project list and I could pull up the object from there. I had to rebuild the database starting with a backup then adding pieces from the corrupted version to get the form. Make sure you compile before running compact/repair or exiting. That seems to be key.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back