Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 998 running report

Status
Not open for further replies.

vxxv

Programmer
Jan 23, 2004
PT
Hello,

I work with Crystal Reports 8.5.
I have a report with a chart and when running it in an application the report returns the error 998.
I've searched this error in the Crystal Report site support page, and they said that the problem was due to some dll's missing (sscsdk80.dll and pg32conv.dll).
These dll's can be found in the folder where Seagate Crystal Reports is installed, then I've copied them to the winnt/system32 folder but it didn't worked anyway.
I don't know if that's the only thing needed to be done.

Does anyone can help me with this issue?

Thanks,
Jaime

On the client workstations, both of those .dlls need to be in \Program Files\Seagate Software\Shared.

-dave

But the client workstation does not have CR installed!
They don't need the program.

Jaime

Is the error happening on the development machine (which has Crystal installed), or on a client workstation that's running your application?

If it's on a client workstation, you don't need to have Crystal installed, but you need the correct dlls in their proper locations (see my previous post). Look for the Runtime.hlp file on the machine with Crystal Developer installed for more info on distributing runtime files.

-dave

The error happens in the development machine.

About looking in the Runtime.hlp file, I can't do that because I work with Crystal Reports Professional 8.5 and that file is not included in this version.

Jaime

You know, I have very simmilar problem. Only I get a TLV error when I try to run vbp file on the 2000 machine. I originally wrote the app on Xp. I do have a pg32conv.dll in my C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\bin
folder along with sscsdk80.dll those two I am told are required to fix the problem. Only when I try to register the file, i get an error.
I dont know if this is related to your problem, but I came accross this post.
Nik

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

To ZuperDuper

I've copied the DLL's needed to the bin folder of my application, and that didn't worked anyway.

I don't know what else to do!

Jaime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back