Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 7331 ... How do I get past this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevesaved

Programmer
Jul 29, 2003
GB
Greetings,

Does anyone know what this means and how to deal with it?

I get the error when trying to write to a dBASE file using the OPENDATASOURCE command. This used to work and I haven't changed anything! See below for query.

Thanks for any help.

Here's the error ...

Server: Msg 7331, Level 16, State 2, Procedure spExpChai, Line 28
Rows from OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' cannot be released.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.]

Here's the query ...

INSERT INTO OPENDATASOURCE('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0','Data Source="C:\HICAD\S0S\TMP";Extended Properties=DBASE IV')...[chai]
( ARTIKEL_NR, ARTKETT, ARTTEXT, X_MASS, Y_MASS, Z_MASS, INFO, MKEY, SERIE, SE_CAD )

SELECT NewArticleCode.strNewArticleCode,
NewArticleCode.strNewArticleCode,
NewArticleCode.strArtText,
ATAB.X_MASS,
ATAB.Y_MASS,
ATAB.Z_MASS,
ATAB.INFO,
ATAB.MKEY,
ATAB.SERIE,
ATAB.SERIE

FROM OPENDATASOURCE('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0','Data Source="C:\HICAD\S0S\TMP";Extended Properties=DBASE IV')...[atab]
AS ATAB

INNER JOIN HMUKSQL.PDMTest.dbo.NewArticleCode AS NewArticleCode
ON (NewArticleCode.strNewArticleCode = ATAB.ARTIKEL_NR)

not sure why you're in the SQL SErver forum....isn't this a Dbase question?

We are holding our data in a centralised SQL Server database, and then using the SQL Server database to "publish" data to other systems (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and databases (dBASE, MS Access, Progress)

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back