Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error # 7 Out of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

sockmikey

Technical User
Mar 31, 2005
US
I'm a newbiesystem admin here, trying to get partner manager to connect to a oracle database. I don't know anything about partner manager! I double click the partner manager icon, it comes up with a:

Error #7 Out of Memory
Correct Logon parameters or contact your DBA

OS - Windows 2003
Mercator - 6.7

The system DSN has been setup on the server. The data source name is in the tnsnames.ora file. I can ping the server hosting the database, I can tnsping the server holding the database.

Thanks,
Mike

Do you know if you have all the Commerce Manager patches? Are you running 6.7.1 or 6.7 with Commerce Manager 7.0?

I ran into a similar problem when the apps & patches were installed in the wrong order.

When you open PM did you get the window that prompts you to select a DB or do you imediately get the error message?

I actually did not do the original install, but I emailed the questions that you asked to the person who did and this is their reply:

We are running Mercator 6.7.1 with Commerce Manager 7.0.

We are attempting to start PM with immediate database access to both Oracle and Access. The logins appear to work for Oracle as noted by the Connecting to Oracle 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3 messages on the splash screen. At that point, the Error #7 Out of Memory notice displays.

Confirming that we have proper database access, PMCopy (which was installed with Commerce Manager) was used to fully export the Oracle tables to the Access database. There were no errors, and a review of the Access tables outside of Partner Manager shows them to be fully populated and in correct condition.

In short, the Error #7 problem appears when PM tries to move past the splash screen and to the user interface. It does not appear to be related to any specific database type.

This was our install order...

-6.7 components
-Health Care Int Pack 3.1 (if used)
-Cmgr 7.0
-SP-17340 for Cmgr (if needed) There were other pactches that were incorporated in 6.7.1.
-6.7.1 Service Pack

...immediate database access to both Oracle and Access...
Does that mean you have multiple installs running or that its setup to use either Oracle or Access depending on your last setup?

If you enter PM using Access does the same error occur?

You may want to contact Cust Support.

PS: If this works for Access but not Oracle what version of Oracle?

More from the original installer:

I did the 6.7 components and patches, then the Cmgr 7 install and its patches. But that worked fine at east coast site.

The "immediate database access" means that PM is trying to connect to the last database used. In our case, it is either Oracle or Access. We only have one install of Mercator on this machine and we're not running any other Mercator software except PM (i.e. Event Server is not operating). We can't launch without any database or it will simply demand that we first connect before proceeding.

We have contacted Customer Support and they have no idea what is causing this, and only direct us to Microsoft knowledgebase articles on vague Error #7 Out of Memory stories that invariably end with the cause of the error is unknown

It works for neither, but Oracle server is 10g with 8.1.6 client (the one required by Mercator)

not sure I'm really helping you here...

"...means that PM is trying to connect to the last database used..."

'used' by PM or by other means? Here it opens pointing to the 'db config' set in PM when last closed. It doesn't sound like you have an ODBC issue because you'd get a diff message. And, for oracle if you aren't using the ODBC you's get a diff message yet.

Hmmm, not sure about 10g clients and doubt this is your issue but I'd think you could use the 9i client with 10g. Check with Ascential.

Heres some info about 9i...

6.5.* requires oracle client 8.1.7.4.1 for 9i (trying to dredge this from memory, but think has to do with 32 bit verses 64 bit capability - 9i client is 64 only but TX was 32 so required 8i client or something like that.)

6.7.* can use any client 8.1.7.4.1 or better as its 64 bit compatible. If using 9i client in 6.7.1 you need to rename some dlls located in the 6.7 directory (found in the readme doc for 6.7.*)...

backup 'm4aq.dll' and rename 'm4aq9i.dll' to 'm4aq.dll'
backup 'm4ora8.dll' rename 'm4ora9i.dll' to 'm4ora8.dll'

Again, not sure I'm being much help here....

Have you verified authos?

Surprised BocaBurger or janhess haven't sounded in on this.

Hi eyetry, here's my bit.
If you're using the 9i client you don't need to update the adapter if you are not using 9i features. I've recently done this because of a possible Oracle adapter error.
Sorry but I don't know anything about PM but have you tried connecting to the database directly from DSTX 6.7.1? It might be a parameter error as it says.

#1. 6.7.x is NOT compatible with Windows 2003.
#2. Partner Manager does NOT connect to any database except through ODBC.
#3, If you have Design Studio and Partner Manager installed on a Win 2003 server, and are accessing either through Windows Terminal Services, Citrix or PC Anywhere, etc. you are potentially in violation of your license agreement. In addition accessing Design Studio or Partner Manager through these types of applications is not supported.
#4 Since we don't have the correct SQL to set up Oracle 10.x for use with either Partner Manager or Message Manager, anything further would be a waste of time.
#5 Do you have a license for this site, since it was mentioned that you also have an east coast site? Most customers who are large enough to have multiple install sites would have contacted Ascential Support before they post here.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Thanks janhes,

During 6.7.1 upgrade testing I noted some issues that disappeared when I upgraded the adapters. Issues were sporatic though so your comment certainly makes sense.

'....I'm a newbiesystem admin here, trying to get partner manager to connect to a oracle database.....'

sockmikey, If you have your Ascential ID and a current service agreement call 1-800-215-9633. I've had pretty good luck with most of the people there. Though, sometimes it takes a little time to get the right person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back