Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 645 or immediate termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickR

MIS
Jul 16, 2000
US
I have setup numerous vpn connections on laptops running NT. I have one home pc that is Windows 98. I have yet to have a problem with any of the NT laptops connecting to our server but this 98 pc has a problem. I either get &quot;Error 645: Dial-Up Networking could not complete the connection to the server.<br>Check your configuration and try the connection again&quot; or if the connection to the vpn is made it is immediately terminated. I have not been back in the office to check the event logs to check for a solution there. Has anyone else run into anything like this? I've been through the knowledge base but haven't found anything that works. This problem exists for all users from this pc so I'm sure it's not a problem with this users account.<br>Thanks in advance.

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I am facing the exact same problem.

Cheers,
Greg

Sorry to say but it got solved but not by me. In fact I don't know what the solution was. I do know that when I sent an email to one of the other admins letting them know the error and the time frame during which I was working on it there was an error logged on the server. Someone fixed the problem immediately upon seeing the error. So if you check the events log on the server you should be set. Sorry I don't have more info but I hope this much helps.

I am getting the same error 645. Anybody know how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back