Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 602 - Could not find row in sysindexes

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacew

Programmer
Oct 19, 1999
HK
Hi,

I am using SQL Server 7.0 (without service pack) under NT 4.0 with SP5. Recently, I run a reindexing command to do reindex for all of existing indexes. There were no erros after running the command. However, when update some of the tables, the captioned error was encountered. Some of the commands are shown below:

DBCC DBREINDEX([dbo.Real_Trade],[_WA_Sys_change_datetime_4A2A4422],80)
DBCC DBREINDEX([dbo.Real_Trade],[I699],80)

The first index seems is generated by the system. The second index is created by us.

Is there any know what's wrong with the reindex commands and why we encountered Error 602?

Many thanks for your help.

Ronald

Here are some things I would try - in this order.

1) Run DBCC Checktable(sysindexes) in the database.

2) Execute UPDATE STATISTICS tablename.

3) Drop and create the indexes on the table.

Are you issuing a DBCC DBREINDEX for each index? If so, don't reindex the _WA* inbdexes. These are statistical records built by SQL Server.

We run a nightly rebuild indexes by table. It isn't necessary to issue a DBCC BDREINDEX command for each index. We issue the command DBCC DBREINDEX ('dbo.tablename'). Terry L. Broadbent
FAQ183-874 contains tips for posting questions in these forums.
NOTE: Reference to the FAQ is not directed at any individual.

Thanks for your quick response Terry!

BTW, will the reindex of statistical records caused the Error 602?

Thanks
Ronald

I have never encountered error 602 nor do I reindex statistical indexes so I can't answer the question. Terry L. Broadbent
FAQ183-874 contains tips for posting questions in these forums.
NOTE: Reference to the FAQ is not directed at any individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back