Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 47 in program SOWUAD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostinMAS

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2010
US
I've run into a situation with MAS. Little background. We have acquired this company who uses MAS. We are currently in the process of migrating the systems and bringing the MAS users to our current manufacturing system. Therefore, I have little exposure to this product. I have contact MAS, they refuse to help unless I pay for a YEAR of service. I only plan to have them for a couple of months. Figured I would give this a shot first. I would appreciate any of your suggestions and tips.
While a user was entering invoices into the sales order module, an error had occured and we get the following error message. "Error 47 in program SOWUAD at line 12212" I have tried to repair using the repair tools in Library master. Nothing has helped. If I double click on the "Invoice Data Entry" it states "Update Interrupted. Do you want to restart?" I click yes and I get that error 47. Click no and nothing happens. So needless to say...I'm lost! Any help??
Thanks

Do you have access to the Sage KB? The solution is in there.

Subject:

One of the following errors occur when updating the Sales Order sales journals and daily reports:
Note: Other error 11s or 47s may occur under the same circumstances.

* Error 47 SOWUAD 12212
* Error 47 SOWUAD 12255
* Error 11 SOWUAD 12214

Possible Resolution:

Note: Use caution when working with this task. Always make a backup first. If necessary, seek the assistance of a qualified Sage Software Customer Support analyst.

Resolution 1:
Disable the setting to retain 'Sales Order Quote History' (tab 5 in SO options) for the purposes of completing this update only. Reset the setting after the update completes.

1. Open Sales Order / Setup / Sales Order Options. Click the 'Integrate' tab.
2. Clear the 'Retain Sales Order / Quote History' check box. Also note the settings for 'Retain Delete Orders / Quote History' and 'Retain Deleted Lines in History'.
3. After the update completes, reset the above options.

Resolution 2:
Delete the problem invoice from the update, and post the remaining invoices:

1. Recreate the error, click the 'Info' button to access the additional information.
2. Click the 'Debug' button to access the ProvideX debug window.
3. Enter the command: "? K$" (without quotes). Press ENTER to obtain a possible invoice key record.
4. Type "BYE" (without quotes) to exit the ProvideX debug window.
5. Open Library Master / Repair / Data File Display and Maintenance. Click 'OK' to the warning message.
6. Enter the file name: SO5xxx (where xxx = company code) for the company the error occurred, and press ENTER
7. Click 'Key Scan' to access a list of invoice key records. Select the invoice record obtained in step 3. Click the 'Delete' button to delete the record.
8. If Batch Entry is used in Sales Order Invoice Data Entry, delete the same invoice key record from the 'SO5#####.soa' file. If batches are not used, skip to step 10.
9. For batches:
1. In Data File Display and Maintenance, click the 'Browse' button to the right of the 'File Name' field (yellow folder).
2. Within the Explorer window, select the SOxxx folder in the \MAS90\ directory.
3. Within SOxxx look for SO5bbbbb.soa (bbbbb = batch number). Double-click the batch file which brings you back to Data File Display and Maintenance.
4. Click 'Keyscan', select and then delete the same invoice as above. Exit DFDM.
10. Rebuild the Application Sort files for Sales Order. For more information, see How to rebuild sort files.
11. Restart the update.

Dawn

Visit Sage's Online Community

I suspect that you might have an older version of MAS and that your maintenance has lasped. Hence the request from Sage that you get current on maintenance. One option, other than here is to use the free Sage Community. End Users, Resellers and Sage Tech staff post there and answer questions such as yours. You do not have to be current to join. The link is at the bottom of Dawn's post.

Thank you both SOOOOOOO MUCH for your help! Dawn....You solved my problem! And BigLouie, Thanks for the tips...I will save that link in my favorites for future reference!

But again...thank you both for your help in this matter!

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back