Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 430 - Class does not support automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndalli

Programmer
Nov 6, 1999
MT
Hi,

I have developed a VB application connecting to an ACCESS database. I have installed this application on 4PCs, all are WIN98 and one is Windows 2000. The application runs fine all three of the PCs but on one of the WIN98 PCs I am getting Error Number '430' (Class does not support automation or does not support expected interface).

According to Microsft's site the solution for this problem is to expose the class Automation. I am thinking that the problem lies when the application tries to connect to the database.

Is there anybody who knows a solution to this problem since this is only coming up from just one PC?

Many thanks

Since the problem only occurs on one machine, I imagine that that machine has an older version of some component.

Upgrade the component that is causing the problem (or all if you are unsure).

Try running MDAC.exe(5.50) on the PC where you are getting this problem. MDAC.exe can be downloaded from Microsoft's site.

When does the error exacly happen? [/b][/i][/u][sub]*******************************************************
General remarks:
If this post contains any suggestions for the use or distribution of code, components or files of any sort, it is still your responsibility to assure that you have the proper license and distribution rights to do so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back